- This event has passed.
Future of Mining EMEA
September 4 - September 5
The Future of Mining EMEA conference takes place at 8 Northumberland Avenue in London from 4-5 September and builds upon the existing Future of Mining event series across the globe with a strategic level commercial and operational agenda connecting the industry across Europe, Middle East and Africa to discuss the latest mining innovations and technologies.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Daria Goncharova, Chief Sustainability Officer, Polymetal International PLC
• Tom Bailey, Mine Manager – Tara Mines, Boliden
• Alastaire Dick, Director – Sunshine for Mines, Rocky Mountain Institute
• Terry Heymann, Chief Financial Officer, World Gold Council
• George Hemingway, Partner – Innovation Practice, Stratalis
• Mark Rachovides, President, Euromines
• on Wylie, Director Natural Resources, Proudfoot
Key topics include:
• Overcoming a Lack of Trust: Securing Social License to Operate: What events drive society’s views of mining? How do these translate into a company’s strategy and what steps can be taken to show people the importance of mining?
• Panel: >From Minecraft to Mineshaft: Engaging with the Next Generation of Talent
How real is the risk of falling short in the quest for new industry talent? Does this present an opportunity for mining to rebrand as an industry and what steps can mining companies take to change their approach to recruiting new talent?
• Adapting to Survive: How can Miners Integrate an Effective Digital Strategy into their Operations?
How do you manage digitisation when parts of a mining organisation are so different? How does your operating model change and adapt as a result of digital?
• Stronger Together: The Need for industry collaboration: Why do European miners take a more open approach to collaboration than miners in other regions?
• Softening the blow of Automation: How great an impact will automation have on the existing mining workforce in EMEA? What ways can we replace jobs that are being lost to new technology?