- This event has passed.
German Business Delegation – 10th Saskatchewan Mining Supply Chain Forum 2018
9. April 2018 - 12. April 2018
You are cordially invited to participate in the 4th German Business Delegation to the 10th Saskatchewan Mining Supply Chain Forum. This unique business travel program was developed by the Competence Centre for Mining and Mineral Resources in collaboration with the Saskatchewan Ministry of the Economy. It has been specifically designed for German supply and service companies with an interest in establishing or expanding their business in the province.
The four-day program includes a mine site visit, participation in the Supply Chain Forum conference and exhibiting in the trade show as part of the German booth, opportunities to meet decision makers (for capital projects) from the Canadian potash, uranium, and coal industries in one-on-one meetings at the Bessborough hotel, an introduction to the Saskatchewan Mining Industry, and an evening networking reception and a group dinner at a local restaurant.
• Saskatchewan is the largest potash producer in the world, accounting for approximately 30% of total production, and hosting almost half of the globe’s potash reserves
• The province produces 100% of Canada’s uranium and accounts for over 15% of the world’s primary uranium production; second only to Kazakhstan
• Saskatchewan ranks 1st in the world for mining investment attractiveness, according to the Fraser Institute’s 2016 Survey of Mining Companies
• The province has a variety of other minerals including: gold, base metals, clays, coal, diamonds, platinum group metals, rare earth elements, silica sand and sodium sulphate
The Supply Chain Forum Conference, the anchor event for the delegation program, provides information on how manufacturers as well as equipment and service providers can access mining supply opportunities in the province. Forum topics include an overview of Saskatchewan’s mining projects, information on opportunities to supply equipment and services to the mining industry, and the process and steps to become a supplier.
Please find the registration form here